What's your new role at Genflow?
I'm the VP of Business at Genflow. I help improve overall operational efficiency and work on new opportunities to scale the business.
I'm currently building many new processes and systems, as well as leading a project that will be announced in September. This will be a huge move for Genflow; lots more to come!
What were you doing prior to Genflow?
I was managing talent for seven years, including TV & radio personalities, before moving into the creator economy industry in 2016, where I sourced and managed commercial partnerships for a roster of YouTubers.
In 2018, I joined content hub, UNILAD, and built their in-house talent division. I signed, managed and developed a roster of creators, and this is where I came across Genflow. I met our CEO Shan, heard the vision he had for the business, and the rest, as they say, is history!
The highlight of your time at Genflow so far?
- The energy & execution. We have taken an idea to a live business in months. I've never worked with people as ambitious and driven as I have at Genflow.
- I'm proud of how we've levelled up in the way we serve our clients, and the value we add in fuelling their success.
- Can't miss out traveling the world...when Hollywood hikes, and yacht parties in St Tropez come with the job, what's not to love!?
What are you most excited about in the creator economy industry?
With the likes of TikTok’s ‘Live Gifting’ and YouTube Shorts launching, I'm excited to see what’s next, as social platforms continue to battle with new ways to service creators and monetise their audiences.
There's also a significant rise in opportunities for creators to leverage their talent. Creator management tools and NFTs are just scratching the surface.
Your biggest career advice?
- Show your worth, don't shout about it. Putting the real graft in & showing your value gets you further, faster.
- Don't underestimate the power of internships when starting out. I interned in talent agencies, record labels, TV production, and music festivals which gave me invaluable industry experience early on, a great network, and opened many doors for me to build my career.